[comp.os.vms] Where are PCB$ and SCH$ defines??

jrv@siemens.UUCP (05/08/87)

I am attempting to use SYS$GETJPI to find information about processes.
Two of the items of information which I need are JPI$_STATE and JPI$_STS.
The returned values make use of SCH$ and PCB$ defines respectively.

I am using C for my programs and have searched through SYS$LIBRARY:*.H and
can not find anything which looks correct for these symbols.  The System
Services documentation says that they are in $STATEDEF and $PCBDEF macros.
So, I looked for them in STARLET.MLB hoping to extract the macros and then
write my own '.h' include file with the proper information. No luck there
either.  I saw no module in STARLET.MLB with the required names. Checks of
things which looked close got nowhere.

Where is this information???  If someone has previously needed this data for
a C program and has already created '.h' files I would greatly appreciate
a copy of them.

Thanks in advance.
Jim Vallino
Siemens Research and Technology Lab.
Princeton, NJ
CSNET: jrv@siemens.siemens-rtl.com
UUCP: {ihnp4,philabs,seismo}!princeton!siemens!jrv

eal@tut.UUCP (Lehtim{ki Erkki) (05/09/87)

They are defined in SYS$LIBRARY:LIB.MLB
Some time ago there were posting of a DCL command procedure, which
generated .H-files from LIB.MLB-entries.

Erkki

tli@sargas.usc.edu (Tony Li) (05/10/87)

In article <162@siemens.UUCP> jrv@siemens.UUCP (James R Vallino) writes:

    I am attempting to use SYS$GETJPI to find information about processes.
    Two of the items of information which I need are JPI$_STATE and JPI$_STS.
    The returned values make use of SCH$ and PCB$ defines respectively.

Look in LIB.MLB.

;-)

--
Tony Li - USC University Computing Services	"Fene mele kiki bobo"
Uucp: oberon!tli						-- Joe Isuzu

corwin@bsu-cs.UUCP (05/10/87)

In article <2079@sargas.usc.edu>, tli@sargas.usc.edu (Tony Li) writes:
>> In article <162@siemens.UUCP> jrv@siemens.UUCP (James R Vallino) writes:
>>
>>   I am attempting to use SYS$GETJPI to find information about processes.
>>   Two of the items of information which I need are JPI$_STATE and JPI$_STS.
>>   The returned values make use of SCH$ and PCB$ defines respectively.
>
> Look in LIB.MLB.

If you are calling SYS$GETJPI from VAX C, you can convert the LIB.MLB $EQUs
to #defines in a jpidef.h. If you want jpidef.h, I have a copy (around
here on our cluster somewheres...), as well as syidef, uaidef...

Alternatively, you can just plug hex values into the SYS$GETJPI call,but
if you are doing a lot of calls to SYS$GETJPI a jpidef.h is probably easier.
Also if in VAX C, watch out for the 0 terminator of the item list... I
forgot to include it, and hadn't a clue as to all my access violations...

--
Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer        "Experience is no substitute for competence."
UUCP:

face@amethyst.UUCP (05/11/87)

The definitions of PCBDEF and STATEDEF are in LIB.MLB.  A very good source
for a description of most VMS data structures is the .REQ files located in
SYS$LIBRARY.  These are BLISS macro definitions of the data structures.
The PCBDEF and STATEDEF definitions are in LIB.REQ.

I want SDL!