[comp.os.vms] Turning off <CANCEL> without turning off Cntl-C AST's

forrest@blia.UUCP (05/12/87)

I want to turn off the printing of CANCEL and INTERRUPT when
the user types Control-C and Control-Y without loosing any
of the function of these characters. In other words, I don't
want to put the terminal in PASTHRU mode. I've looked in
the Terminal Driver manual but didn't find a good solution to
this. Any ideas?

Jon Forrest
ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!forrest

tedcrane@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Ted Crane) (05/12/87)

In article <2655@blia.BLI.COM> forrest@blia.BLI.COM (Jon Forrest) writes:
>I want to turn off the printing of CANCEL and INTERRUPT when
>the user types Control-C and Control-Y without loosing any
>of the function of these characters.

Well, it may not be the ONLY way to do it, but you might try working
with the file:

	SYS$EXAMPLES:SYSGTTSTR.MSG

It contains instructions and sample text that allows you to customize
the echoes from ^C, ^Y, ^O, and the like.

I won't go into great detail on how to use it: the file is VERY well
documented (just read it), even for a novice.