[comp.os.vms] Hardcopy terminal with video output ?

jfisher@USGS3-VMS.ARPA.UUCP (04/29/87)

   Instead of my current Decwriter terminal as 780 Operator
console, I would like a hardcopy terminal with video output;
hardcopy so there is permanent record of what goes on, video
so an operator can see 'interesting' events/requests from a
distance away.
   Does anyone know make/model of a hardcopy terminal having
video output capability ?

amamaral@elrond.CalComp.COM (Alan Amaral) (05/14/87)

In article <8704300343.AA29757@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, jfisher@USGS3-VMS.ARPA writes:

>    Instead of my current Decwriter terminal as 780 Operator
> console, I would like a hardcopy terminal with video output;
> hardcopy so there is permanent record of what goes on, video
> so an operator can see 'interesting' events/requests from a
> distance away.
>    Does anyone know make/model of a hardcopy terminal having
> video output capability ?

It would probably be much cheaper to use a terminal with a printer port,
and tack on a printer running full time.  We have done just this with
most of the consoles on our computer room and it works out just fine.
Also, a seperate printer can be moved out of the way, or even across the
room where precious desk space is not at a premium.

--
uucp:	 ...decvax!elrond!amamaral		I would rather be a
phone:	 (603) 885-8075				fool than a king...