[comp.os.vms] uucp, news sftw for VMS

rmc@spectrix.UUCP (Russell Crook) (05/07/87)

This may be a silly question, but ... that never stopped me before:

Does uucp and/or news software exist on VMS as something that will connect
directly to the net (and not as some sort of gateway)? I have a VMS system
which I would like to connect to the net, as my access to the net via UN*x
is sporadic.

Russell Crook ( UUCP: ...!seismo!{mnetor,utzoo}!spectrix!rmc )

marston@dartvax.UUCP (David Marston) (05/14/87)

In article <279@spectrix.UUCP>, rmc@spectrix.UUCP (Russell Crook) writes:
> Does uucp and/or news software exist on VMS as something that will connect
> directly to the net (and not as some sort of gateway)? I have a VMS system
> which I would like to connect to the net, as my access to the net via UN*x
> is sporadic.
I can't answer about news software, but **DEC-supported** uucp for VMS is
part of version 2.0 of their DEC/Shell product. I have a separate UNIX
machine, so I don't use it myself.
Contact your DECrep for the rest of the story.
.................David Marston          decvax!dartvax!marston
Director, Computer Center, Daniel Webster College, Nashua, NH