[comp.os.vms] anyone interested in RSX or RT-11 newsgroup?

bobp@tekcae.UUCP (05/28/87)

	This is just a feeler to find out if there is any interest out
there is starting RT or RSX newsgroups. I'd be interested in starting both.
Here at Tektronix we have many 11/73's & 11/23's where most of them are
running RSX. Oh, yes, we have quite a few 11/34's and other UNIBUS
machines, too. Most of our applications are CIM and real-time types.
	Anyone know how much hassle it would be to start this newsgroup?
I'd be willing to lend a hand to get it going.

--
Robert N. Perry (Bob)  Tektronix-Beaverton, Oregon "Skydive for better health"
bobp%tekcae@tektronix.TEK.COM

aad+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Anthony A. Datri) (05/30/87)

11's.   There's info-rsts, but it seems to have fallen into disrepair.  I'd
certainly be interested, but to appeal to a larger base of people, why not
just make it an 11 newsgroup?  Comp.org.pdp11?  Or should we just use
comp.org.decus?  I'm not familar with what it takes to create a newsgroup.

pdb@sei.cmu.edu (Patrick Barron) (05/31/87)

In article <cUjmRoy00WAKo=40yM@andrew.cmu.edu> aad+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Anthony A. Datri) writes:
>I've always wondered why there wasn't a newsgroup or arpa mailing list for
>11's.   There's info-rsts, but it seems to have fallen into disrepair.  I'd
>certainly be interested, but to appeal to a larger base of people, why not
>just make it an 11 newsgroup?  Comp.org.pdp11?  Or should we just use
>comp.org.decus?  I'm not familar with what it takes to create a newsgroup.

If there's enough interest in such a thing, I'd be willing to maintain a
PDP-11 mailing list.  We could do a newsgroup if there's interest in that,
though I suspect a lot of the interested parties aren't on the Usenet.  A
moderated newsgroup could be set up that's just a gateway to/from the
mailing list (much like comp.os.vms is currently set up).

So, if you're interested, send mail, or post a followup (followups redirected
to news.groups).

--Pat.

MCGUIRE@GRIN2.BITNET.UUCP (06/01/87)

I'd be interested in a general PDP-11 newsgroup.  At some time in the
future, I might be able to sponsor such a group, or at least handle BITNET
redistribution.  However, our mailer is not yet sufficiently versatile.

Ed <MCGUIRE@GRIN2.BITNET>