Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1986  13:36 EDT
From:   Douglas Bigelow
To:  Tektcp%KLA.WESLYN%Wesleyan.Bitnet@WISCVM.ARPA
Subject: Archives now available

As recently promised, I've set up a TEKTCP archive area available on
Arpanet through anonymous FTP.  The info is:

     Host:    XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
     User:    ANONYMOUS, pwd GUEST
     File:    XX:<TEKTCP>TEKTCP.ARCHIVE.1

The file is protected for general access.  When it grows enough,
eventually, I'll break it into separate files by date.  It contains
copies of all the list correspondence plus any other information on
the subject gathered from other lists.

If you're on Bitnet and can't get to this archive, please send me
another request and I'll send a bitnet file directly to you.  Please
do this even if you've previously asked for the archives, because I'm
hoping most people can find a way to get them without my intervention.

Please note that message 18 in the archive is from Jeff Mulick at
Tektronix, and contains the information that many of you wanted about
how to obtain the Tektronix TCP/IP package.  [now slightly out of date--
see below-EMB]
------------------------------

Date: Mon 16 Feb 87 23:30:39-PST
From: Tony Li <TLI%Sargas@usc-oberon.arpa>
Subject: Getting Tek TCP
To: tektcp@wesleyan.BITNET

        The following is an extract from the TEKTCP archives.  Perhaps this
should be posted regularly so that everyone gets it....?

  You have submitted a request for the VMS TCP/IP software distributed by
  Tektronix. Currently, this is only available for educational institutions.
  Please submit a letter, on your institutional letterhead, with the following
  information:

       1. Full name of organization
       2. What is the software needed for?
       3. Will the software be used to communicate with another organization?
      If so, whom?
       4. What level of VMS is the system at?

  After we have received this letter, and the above conditions have been
  satisfied, we will send you a License Agreement for signature. The License
  Agreement essentially says that you will not distribute this code to anyone
  else, and that copies of any enhancements will be sent to Tektronix.

  If you have further questions, please send E-mail.

  Thank You.

  Jeff Mulick, Engineering Network Manager
  Tektronix, Inc.
  Scientific Computer Center
  P.O. Box 500   MS 50-454
  Beaverton, OR  97077
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 87 19:56:50 est
From: leong#@andrew.cmu.edu (John Leong)
To: Tony Li <TLI%Sargas@usc-oberon.arpa>
Subject: Re: Getting Tek TCP

Re : TEK TCP software

Jeff Mulick no longer work for Tektronix.  Send all future requests to
Dennis Thomas  (same title, mail stop and address).

Furthermore, if you have a Tektronix license and if you are an educational
insitution, you can get the CMU version of the software (complement of our
Computer Science department) for norminal postage and handling charge. The
package differs considerably from the TEK original with substantial internal
re-writes (not unlike the relationship between AT&T's UNIX and UNIX BSD)

------------------------------

Date: 18-FEB-1987 17:16:16.12
From:     BIGELOW%VAX.WESLYN%WESLEYAN.BITNET%VAX.WESLYN%WESLEYAN.BITNET@Hamlet.Caltech.Edu
Subject: TEKTCP list reorganization
To:       Tektcp-Arpa%VAX.WESLYN%WESLEYAN.BITNET@Hamlet.Caltech.Edu

                              .....I've changed the list address to be in
  "generic" bitnet format.  In addition, for those mailing from the Arpanet,
  there is now a direct arpanet list address that routes the mail here to me.
  So, you should be using the following:

          From Bitnet:

                  TEKTCP@WESLEYAN.BITNET  for list mail
                  TEKTCP-REQUEST@WESLEYAN.BITNET  for additions and deletions

          From Arpanet (or related nets:)

                  TEKTCP@HAMLET.CALTECH.EDU  for list mail
                  TEKTCP-REQUEST@HAMLET.CALTECH.EDU  for additions

          You can use the Arpanet address from Bitnet and the Bitnet address
  from Arpanet with no ill effects.  JUST DON'T USE BOTH AT ONCE!  They both
  go to the same place, so you'd be sending two copies of your mail.

  -- Doug Bigelow
  (Tektcp moderator)

------------------------------
Date: 6 Mar 1987 11:47:10 EST
From:     Dale.Moore%PS1.CS.CMU.EDU@Hamlet.Bitnet
To:       Info-Vax%SRI-KL.ARPA%PS1.CS.CMU.EDU@Hamlet.Bitnet,
Subject: CMU/TEK IP/TCP News

Several  months ago Vince Fuller and I announced the availability
of our modifications to Tektronix's VMS IP/TCP environment.   The
response  was overwhelming.  We like to think that we are filling
a great  need  for  a  well  integrated,  and  functional  IP/TCP
environment  for  VMS.    Perhaps  many of you sought this simply
because the price was right.  In any case we are finding that  we
are  spending  to  much  time  dealing  with  administrative  and
non-technical matters. We wish to continue to improve and enhance
this  environment  rather than spend our time answering questions
about liscensing and adminstrative details.

To help us out, another organization  on  campus  has  graciously
offered  their  assistance  in  helping  with  the liscensing and
distribution effort.  They  will  also  serve  as  a  preliminary
contact point for help in technical areas.

Rather  than  contacting  me  (Dale  Moore)  or  Vince Fuller for
information   on   distribution,   liscensing,   and    technical
information please contact
                    CMU-TEK TCP/IP Software Request
                    Computation Center
                    Carnegie Mellon University
                    4910 Forbes Avenue
                    Pittsburgh, PA 15213

We  will  be  willing to sign an agreement with anyone that has a
valid Tektronix Liscense, and is in the United States.  The  work
we've done on the Tektronix code was funded in part by DARPA, and
our agreement with DARPA forbids us from  distributing  the  work
outside  of  the  US.    A  tektronix liscense can be obtained by
contacting
                    Dennis Thomas
                    Tektronix, Inc.
                    Scientific Computer Center
                    P.O. Box 500 MS 50-454
                    Beaverton, Or 97077

Again, the approach that we are trying to take is  that  we  have
done  some  work,  and  that by distributing this work others may
find use in it.  This is free software, please don't expect us to
show extraordinary interest in your problems.

-------