[comp.os.vms] Possible DEC Disk De-Fragmenter

jorg%lvva.span@Sdsc.Arpa.UUCP (06/06/87)

>From:    <STREIFF%HARTFORD.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu>
>        We are looking into purchasing a disk defragmenter package for our
>Vax 11/780. Im looking into which package that we should get. Anyone have
>[...]

        At the spring DECUS, DEC announced the intention
        of providing a disk de-fragmentation utility.

        Of course, DEC made no promises about when or how much...
        They seemed to indicate it would be reasonably soon.
        But for DEC, who knows what that means!  :-)

        Since disk fragmentaion for my site is not to bad, I have
        decided to wait and see.
        Thought you might be interested.

Ed Jorgensen
SAIC, Las Vegas