[comp.os.vms] UNIX system

nagy%warner.hepnet@LBL.ARPA.UUCP (06/09/87)

>Ron Ueberschaer <UBI@UNIX.SRI.COM> writes:

>Speaking of glaring, why did DEC decide not to implement system()
>under VMS???  It's bad enough that I can't exec anything except
>C programs.

In answer to your question, I include the following AAAREADME.TXT file
from [LT86A.RIGS] on the 1986 Languages & Tools (86A) SIG tape.
	[RIGS...]
	Rockwell International / Graphic Systems Division
	DECUS Fall 1986 Symposium
	Languages and Tools Tape Copy Submission

	Wayne E. Baisley
	Systems Analyst
	Rockwell International / Graphic Systems Division
	455 Eisenhower Lane
	Lombard, Illinois  60146-5410

	(312) 953-9400

[.CCLIB]
Graphic Systems Division's (GSD) enhancements to the VAX C Run-Time Library.
Consists of an object library called CCLIB.OLB which contains the VMS
equivalent of the UNIX "system" function, and some support routines.  Also
has some string manipulation functions.  This library is the subject of a
presentation at the Fall 1986 Symposium, LT108, "Filling Some Holes In The
VAX C Run-Time Library".  The TeX sources for the talk notes, session
notes, and the Proceedings submission are included.

= Frank J. Nagy
= Fermilab Research Division EED/Controls
= HEPNET: WARNER::NAGY (43198::NAGY) or FNAL::NAGY (43009::NAGY)
= BitNet: NAGY@FNAL
= USnail: Fermilab POB 500 MS/220 Batavia, IL 60510