From:   NET%"KENW%NOAH.ARC.CDN%UBC.CSNET@RELAY.CS.NET" 18-JUN-1987 23:27
To:     EALYON
Subj:   def/key for applications

Date:         16 Jun 87  1:29 -0800
Sender:       VAX Discussion Group <INFOVAX@SUVM>
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was INFO-VAX@UBVM
From:         Ken Wallewein <KENW%NOAH.ARC.CDN%UBC.CSNET@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject:      def/key for applications

EALYON@SUNSET.BITNET (06/25/87)

  I just received a FIFTH copy of the following message:

Date:         Sat, 20 Jun 87 01:02 EDT
Sender:       VAX Discussion Group <INFOVAX@SUVM>
Comments:     Warning -- RSCS tag indicates an origin of SMTP@WISCVM
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was INFO-VAX@UBVM
From:         "Curtis R. Anderson" <ACSCCRA@UBVMS>
Subject:      Did I Find a Bug?!?
To:           Christy Russell <CRUSSELL@SUNRISE>,
              "Edward A. Lyon" <EALYON@SUNRISE>,
              Gopal Nagarajan <GNAGARAJ@SUNRISE>,
              Peg Heffron <HEFFRON@SUNRISE>,
              Pradeep Singh <PSINGH@SUNRISE>,
              "R. Anand" <RANAND@SUNRISE>

On VAX/VMS 4.5, I discovered this (when I was really paying attention):

$ SHOW LOGICAL FOO
%SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name FOO

I hardly think that was "sucessful;" more like it should be "%SHOW-W-NOTRAN"...

What do you think?  Should I get our university to SPR it or does somebody in
net/newsgroupland know if SHOW.EXE has been fixed, and we never got it?

I had to quickly check another machine in the cluster to see that it was there,
too...

+------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Curtis R. Anderson                      |                                   |
|  UCS Student Consultant                  | Syntax:                           |
|  ACSCCRA@UBVMS.BITNET                    |   A levy placed on wrongdoing.    |
|  ACSCCRA@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU           |                                   |
|  SnailNet:                               |                                   |
|  State University of New York at Buffalo |                                   |
|  220 Computing Center                    |                                   |
|  Buffalo, NY 14260 USA                   |                                   |