[comp.os.vms] How to use long widow editor ?

SUN@YALEVAX5.BITNET (06/25/87)

To info-vax@sri-kl.arpa through gateway
Hello there,
        Can you tell me how to use the long window EDT editor on Micrvax
II's long window VT220 terminal ?
        When I use the EDT editor, the editor screen window only uses the
first half of the VT220 terminal window. In addition, after I exit from the
EDT, the prompt ($ sign) will only stay at the first half of the window. In
other words, the window actually performs as a short window. Do I need to
set anything ?
        Please reply to me directly. I am not on the list now.
        Thanks.
Kang Sun
sun@yalevax5.bitnet
sun-kang@yale.arpa
 From Kang Sun SUN@YALEVAX5.BITNET  @23-JUN-1987 00:34:49.37 EST

CHRIS@ACRUX.USC.EDU (Christopher Ho) (06/25/87)

EDT only knows about 24 line screens; I use EDIT/TPU/SECTION=EDTSECINI,
the EDT emulator built on TPU, to use larger windows.
-------

norman@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (John Norman) (06/26/87)

In article <SUN-MM(195)+TOPSLIB(124).25-Jun-87.12:09:13.ACRUX.USC.EDU>
CHRIS@ACRUX.USC.EDU (Christopher Ho) writes:
>EDT only knows about 24 line screens; I use EDIT/TPU/SECTION=EDTSECINI,
>the EDT emulator built on TPU, to use larger windows.
>-------

LSE works quite nicely with > 24 line screens as well.

John Norman

UUCP:		{seismo,ihnp4,allegra,ut-sally}!harvard!husc4!norman
Internet:	norman%husc4@harvard.HARVARD.EDU
BITNET:		NORMAN@HARVLAW1