[comp.os.vms] Captive VMS command procedure wanted

dorl@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael (NMI) Dorl) (07/02/87)

I'm looking for tools or models that will help me build a captive
user command procedure.  I want to make things look like the user
is in the regular VMS environment with a restricted set of commands.
In particular, I want the user login.com to appear to be executed.

Any samples or advice will be much appreciated.

tedcrane@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Ted Crane) (07/04/87)

In article <1682@uwmacc.UUCP> dorl@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael (NMI) Dorl) writes:
>I'm looking for tools or models that will help me build a captive
>user command procedure.  I want to make things look like the user
>is in the regular VMS environment with a restricted set of commands.
>In particular, I want the user login.com to appear to be executed.

If the "restricted set" of commands is a subset of DCL, you may be
able to achieve your result more easily by having the system wide
login procedure (SYLOGIN) edit the DCL command tables for that user
(SET COMMAND/DELETE).   Then the user's login file is executed normally,
and the rest of the session is at DCL level, not in a captive procedure.