[comp.os.vms] DEC phone support

jon@mdbs.UUCP (07/08/87)

In article <14344@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA
(Michael Khaw) writes:
>in article <1050@aldebaran.UUCP>, jimp@cognos.uucp (Jim Patterson) says:
>>
>>[mentions that DEC phone support only recognizes 3 "designated names" ]
>> I've heard that there are . . . a number of designates named Mickey Mouse ...
>
>Yes, but what happens when . . . all the support people are busy and
>they have to call back?  How do you tell which Mickey Mouse in your
>organization called them?

In our company we have one person who is the official DEC Support "contact";
if I have a problem I describe it to him and he calls it in (he knows the
magic numbers they want and all that).  He tells DEC Support to ask for me
(my unregistered, for-real name) when they call back (they *always* call back),
and we've had no problems.