[comp.os.vms] anonymous ftp!?

Peck@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA (Rodney) (07/07/87)

  help!  I'm trying to make an archive on a VMS system running the
wolengon tcp/ip stuff. I've created an account called ANONYMOUS with no
password, but I can't connect with FTP and log in to it.  How do I tell
the machine that anonymous ftp's are ok?
   -rodney
  Peck@radc-multics.arpa

chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) (07/13/87)

In article <870707192232.128943@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA>, Peck@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA (Rodney) writes:

>   help!  I'm trying to make an archive on a VMS system running the
> wolengon tcp/ip stuff. I've created an account called ANONYMOUS with no
> password, but I can't connect with FTP and log in to it.  How do I tell
> the machine that anonymous ftp's are ok?

Try adding the account called FTP instead of ANONYMOUS - this is how it
works on unix systems.
-chris

--
Internet: chris@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu	Chris Peck