[comp.os.vms] Mail problem

CLSJS%UK.AC.ST-AND.SAVB@ac.UK (07/22/87)

Hello all,
 Having just taken over looking after incoming info-vax stuff again
I am using MAIL a lot more than I was (what a surprise!). It is doing nasties
to me. Is it me, the system parameters or MAIL?

For each message I :-

often        EXTRACT/APPEND it to the archive file
sometimes    PRINT it
Always       DELETE it

If I handle >15 messages before EXITing any messages I said PRINT to are
not printed. When a 'log-jam' of messages bursts through (89 to-day) having
to get out of MAIL every 15-20 messages gets tedious.

Suggestions please - if it looks like MAIL we will SPR it.

Many thanks
 Roger Stapleton

University of St.Andrews, St.Andrews, Fife. KY16 9LZ  U.K.

CLSJS @ UK.AC.ST-AND.SAVB  (see recent mail on how to reach JANET !)

MCGUIRE@GRIN2.BITNET (07/23/87)

> Date:         21-JUL-1987 09:52:41
> From:         CLSJS%UK.AC.ST-AND.SAVB@ac.uk
> Subject:      Mail problem
>
> If I handle >15 messages before EXITing any messages I said PRINT to are
> not printed. When a 'log-jam' of messages bursts through (89 to-day) having
> to get out of MAIL every 15-20 messages gets tedious.

I can't help solve the problem.  But a better workaround than leaving mail
might be to type PRINT/PRINT, which spools the messages you've handled so
far.