[comp.os.vms] Support for LN-03 S

harry@rainy.atmos.washington.edu (Harry Edmon) (08/11/87)

I bought the Postscipt version of the LN03 (LN03 S) and I now find that
DEC has no software support for it.  Does anyone have any software to use
this printer as a line printer, or a device driver for TeX?
Does it work with VMS GKS?
--
Harry Edmon                   UUCP:   harry@rainy.atmos.washington.edu or
(206) 543-0547                        uw-beaver!geops!rainy!harry

mf@savax.UUCP (Marc Fleischmann) (08/11/87)

In article <117@rainy.atmos.washington.edu> harry@rainy.atmos.washington.edu (Harry Edmon) writes:
>I bought the Postscipt version of the LN03 (LN03 S) and I now find that
>DEC has no software support for it.  Does anyone have any software to use
>this printer as a line printer, or a device driver for TeX?
>Does it work with VMS GKS?

An LN03S (LN03-plus) is NOT a Postscript printer.  It is an LN03 with a
Meg of bit-map memory and an Tek 4010 translator.  It will work with all
existing LN03 software and will be able to produce full page graphic images.

If you actually ordered the Postscript version of the LN03 it is an LN03R
(Scriptprinter).  The new printer symbiont is order number QEZFQ-HM from
Digital.
--
Marc Fleischmann
Sanders Associates, Inc. - Nashua N.H.  (603) 885-5050