[comp.os.vms] Seeking VMS Modula-2 compilers

mic@ut-ngp.UUCP (Mic (just take out the c's and sound it out) Kaczmarczik) (08/17/87)

A while ago I posted a request for information about public-domain or
nearly-free Modula-2 compilers for VMS.  I received information about
the VAX-11 Modula-2 compiler from the Johan Wolfgang
Goethe-Universitat in Frankfurt, Germany, but our attempts to contact
the distributor via E-mail and "real" mail have not been successful.

Since it looks like this source may not come through, could some kind
soul(s) point out other Modula-2 compilers for VMS, whether
public-domain or proprietary?

Thanks in advance,

Mic Kaczmarczik			don't push me 'cause I'm standing in line.
UT Austin Computation Center	here -- calm down -- have a sip of wine.
mic@ngp.utexas.edu		it's like a party sometimes it makes me wonder
ccep001@utadnx.bitnet		how I keep myself so slender

--

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (08/18/87)

In article <5957@ut-ngp.UUCP> mic@ngp.UUCP (Mic Kaczmarczik) writes:

>Since it looks like this source may not come through, could some kind
>soul(s) point out other Modula-2 compilers for VMS, whether
>public-domain or proprietary?

Logitech sells a compiler, which I believe is an updated version of the
compiler you mentioned.  The university price is $1200.  I haven't tried
it, so I can't recommend it.  On the other hand, I was planning to buy it
until we acquired a Unix machine.

To contact them:  Logitech, Inc.
		  805 Veterans Blvd.
		  Redwood City, CA 94063
		  (415) 365-9852

Fred Sullivan
Department of Mathematical Sciences
State University of New York at Binghamton
Binghamton, New York  13903
Email: sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu