[comp.os.vms] SMG-Definitions not in FORSYSDEF.TLB

UDCSTAFF@UDCVAX.BITNET (08/17/87)

> From: Jnet%"oper@dhafeu51" 17-AUG-1987 08:59
> Subj: SMG-Definitions not in FORSYSDEF.TLB

> when I tried to compile the SWING sources, the definitions for some
> SMG constants were not  found ( SMG$M_BOLD for example ). I looked
> through SYS$LIBRARY:FORSYSDEF.TLB's module SMGDEF and the defs really lacked!
> Can somebody tell me, where to find them ?

I  had the same problem here, so I  edited the sources to 'include' a file
called SMGDEF.TXT that was part of a previous release of SWING. If you have
the sources to an older version of SWING, look up that file. Or, if no one
else has a quick and easy solution, I can send you a copy of SMGDEF.TXT.

Another problem... does anyone have the SWING.CLD file? I  didn't get it.
Basically, I hacked out a file that looked like:

DEFINE VERB SWING
   IMAGE [directory]SWING.EXE
   QUALIFIER START, VALUE(TYPE=$QUOTED_STRING)

It seems to work, but I am sure it is incomplete. Can someone post the
proper CLD file?

fede@ethz.UUCP (F. Bonzanigo) (08/19/87)

The problem that some SMG definitions ,like smg$m_reverse, are missing
when one tries to compile SWING depends on the version of FORSYSLIB.TLB.
We encountered the same problem when compiling with FORTRAN V4.4-177,
but the compilation was successful using FORTRAN V4.6-244.

Federico Bonzanigo
  Institut fuer Elektronik
  CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
EAN:         bonzanigo@nimbus.ethz.ch
EARN/BITNET: BONZANIGO@CZHETH5A
EUNET/UUCP:  ...!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!fede
Phone:   +41 (1) 256 5134
Telefax: +41 (1) 251 21 72
Telex:   81 73 79