[comp.os.vms] Driver for VMS V5

ted@blia.BLI.COM (Ted Marshall) (08/21/87)

In article <36c88cf8.8be4@apollo.uucp>, jps@apollo.uucp (Jeffrey P. Snover) writes:
>                                                    ... I am also
> interested in whether or not it will come through VMS5.0 unscathed
> or whether it will need work?

From what I understand of the publicly announced changes to the structure
of the VMS kernal for V5, I doubt that any current device driver will work
unmodified unless DEC has been very clever in setting up the new versions of
the driver support macros. Does anybody out there have any more current info?
(Are the any beta sites out there who can talk?) I would sure like to know
how much work I have in store for me updating my company's drivers when V5
hits us.

Thanks

--
Ted Marshall       ...!ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!ted <or> mtxinu!blia!ted@Berkeley.EDU
Britton Lee, Inc., 14600 Winchester Blvd, Los Gatos, Ca 95030     (408)378-7000