[comp.os.vms] VMS GKS

DHASKIN@CLARKU.BITNET (Denis W. Haskin/Manager/Tech Services) (08/27/87)

> Date:         Tue, 25 Aug 87 15:21 PST
> From:         JON%UCLASTRO.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
> Subject:      GKS for VMS
>
> Does anyone know how I can get a hold of VMS GKS?  I know digital has GKS for
> the microvax, but I need something that will run on a 750.  Would digital's?

Yes.  GKS, like all (or should I say most?) VMS software, will run on the
entire spectrum of VMS machines, from uVAXes to 8800's...  we run DEC GKS on
our cluster (2 750s and an 8530) and another department on campus runs it on a
uVAX II.  You may be concerned about your output device(s)... VAX GKS V2.0
(level 2b) supports:

        VT125   VT240   LCP01   LA34    LA100   LA50    LA12    LA210
        VAXstation I    VAXstation II   LVP16   HP7550  HP7580  MPS2000
        HP7585  Postscript      TEK4014

(several of those in various modes) along with metafiles and workstation
independent segment storage.

In addition, DEC provides suppoort for you to write your own device handler
if you have a device not listed above.

% Denis W. Haskin                             Manager, Technical Services %
% DHASKIN@CLARKU.BITNET   Office of Information Systems     (617)793-7193 %
% Clark University               950 Main Street      Worcester MA  01610 %
%                      "I did!  I did tee a puddy tat!"                   %