[comp.os.vms] VI for VMS

UUCJEFF@ECNCDC.BITNET (09/21/87)

Does anyone know where a VI running under VMS (not UNIX) can be
obtained?  Thanks for any help....
UUCJEFUUCJEFF@ECNCDC           Jeff Beer

UUCJEFF@ECNCDC.BITNET (09/22/87)

Does anyone know where a VI to run under VMS (not UNIX) can be
obtained?  Thanks for any help...
Jeff Beer

UUCJEFF@ECNCDC.BITNET

hollen@mana.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) (09/24/87)

In article <8709221029.AA02237@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> UUCJEFF@ECNCDC.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know where a VI running under VMS (not UNIX) can be
>obtained?  Thanks for any help....
>UUCJEFUUCJEFF@ECNCDC           Jeff Beer

If you want to use VI on VMS when you have EVE available, you do need
help, but of a psychiatric nature!!  Seriously, I have very useful
extensions to EVE which mimic EDT if anyone likes, but primarily remap
the keypad in a much more useful fashion and provide functions not
available in other editors.  With standard EVE or my extensions as a
starting point, you can create a customized editor which will blow the
socks off VI or EDT.  I would be happy to E-mail to anyone interested
and if enough interest will post to the NET.  Some of the extensions
include 255 cycleable buffers all edited and saveable, cut-append to paste,
copy-append to paste, indent/undent marked range, uppercase/lowercase
marked range, indent both margins of marked range, reflow paragraphs,
center every line in marked range, transpose characters, change direction
of buffer cycling.  These are in addition to EVE's standard capabilities of
multiple windows into same or multiple files, direct access to command shell,
and the ability to write, compile and test your own extension to EVE without
ever leaving the editor.

	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121
	{ sdcsvax!sdcc6 | hp-sdd | seismo!s3sun } !megatek!hollen

eal@tut.UUCP (09/28/87)

In article <179@megatek.UUCP> hollen@mana.UUCP (Dion Hollenbeck) writes:
>In article <8709221029.AA02237@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> UUCJEFF@ECNCDC.BITNET writes:
>I would be happy to E-mail to anyone interested
>and if enough interest will post to the NET.

Sorry to post, but E-mail bounced.
Yes, I am interested in your EVE definitions.

--
Erkki A. Lehtim{ki        eal@tut.uucp