[comp.os.vms] creation date twiddling

GG.UUU@ISUMVS.BITNET ("John Hascall") (10/12/87)

Todd Warnock <WARNOCK@PRISM.CLEMSON.EDU> writes:

> I recently posted a question about setting the creation date in a file.
> I think I was a bit misleading in what the problem really was.  I can set the
> creation date on a new file, but I am having trouble on an existing file.  I
> am enclosing the code that does this, in hopes of getting some help/pointers
> on where I am going wrong.

               .
               . FORTRAN program using useropen feature omitted
               .

I don't believe that using useropen will be successful--you should
look into using $QIOW functions IO$_ACCESS and IO$_MODIFY as in the
utility "FILE" posted to this group a short while ago.

John Hascall
Iowa State University Computation Center
Ames, IA 50010
{ GGUUU@ISUMVS | GAJPH@ISUMVS | GVJPH@ISUVAX } .BITNET