[comp.os.vms] PSI V4.0 vs. VMS V4.6

gkn@M5.SDSC.EDU (Gerard K. Newman) (10/15/87)

	From:	 decvax!linus!philabs!klb@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Ken Bourque)
	Subject: Re: PSI and VMS 4.6
	Date:	 14 Oct 87 14:55:36 GMT

	In article <501@tasis.utas.oz> GILBY@ecc.tased.oz.au writes:
	>From the Australian Telephone Support Centre: Use the existing PSI 4.0
	>From my local DEC Office: Need PSI 4.1

	I called the Colorado CSC and they said PSI 4.0 works.

	Ken Bourque    klb@philabs.philips.com    ...!uunet!philabs!klb

I can confirm this:  I am running PSI V4.0 on my VMS V4.6 VAXcluster, and
I didn't have to re-install it.   The release notes says you're supposed to
re-install it, and I was not relishing the idea.  So on the off chance that
it would work I just tried it, and I've not had any trouble.

This works for my configuration;  I can't promise that it will work for
everyone's.

gkn
Internet: GKN@SDS.SDSC.EDU
Bitnet:   GKN@SDSC