[comp.os.vms] Cookie; DECwar

jeh@crash.CTS.COM (Jamie Hanrahan) (10/26/87)

In article <8710241845.AA29252@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> "UTCSR::TVC" <tvc%utcsr.decnet@chpc.brc.utexas.edu> writes:

>Also 2 questions:1) Does anyone have the source code to COOKIE and
>a sequential copy of the input file?  Cookie is a program that
>when called, prints a short fortune cookie fortune.

I have both Macro-32 and C versions.  The cookie data base is not a
separate file, but is part of the program.  It would be easy enough to
split it out into a separate file if you wanted.  Want me to email them?
(If there's sufficient interest I'll post them.  Is this the appropriate
newsgroup, or is there a something.sources.something that would be better?)
p.s.-- The fortunes are mostly from the old RSX-11 Macro-11 fortune cookie
program, which I think was derived from a TOPS-something version, with
a few dozen local additions.)

>	2) How about the source code or executable for DECWAR?
>This gem is a multi-terminal advanced star trek game that I know
>runs on a DEC-10 under TOPS-10, but I want one to run under VMS.

There is a program that sounds something like this called CONQUEST.
It is available on various DECUS Symposium tapes.  Contact your nearby
LUG for a copy.

billr@tekred.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) (10/29/87)

In article <1908@crash.CTS.COM> jeh@crash.CTS.COM (Jamie Hanrahan) writes:
>I have both Macro-32 and C versions.  ....
>(If there's sufficient interest I'll post them.  Is this the appropriate
>newsgroup, or is there a something.sources.something that would be better?)

For this and other game related sources, you can send them to
comp.sources.games and they will be posted there and automatically
archived for future enjoyment.  Send your game submissions to:
	games@tekred.TEK.COM
	(or ...!tektronix!tekred!games)
or post to comp.sources.games and they will be automatically forwarded.

	-Bill Randle
	Moderator, comp.sources.games
	Tektronix, Inc.
	games-request@tekred.TEK.COM