[comp.os.vms] VMS 4.6 and Tek-Tcp

asbed@acrux.usc.edu (Asbed Bedrossian) (10/30/87)

Has anyone heard anything about VMS 4.6 breaking Tek-TCP (the one that
has been under care of Kevin Carosso)?

Asbed Bedrossian, University Computing Services, U of Southern California
  ARPA: asbed@oberon.usc.edu              BITNET: asbed@uscvaxq
  UUCP: {sdcrdcf, cit-vax}!oberon!asbed   PHONE: (213) 743-4266

kvc@nrcvax.UUCP (Kevin Carosso) (11/03/87)

In article <4929@oberon.USC.EDU> asbed@acrux.usc.edu (Asbed Bedrossian) writes:

>Has anyone heard anything about VMS 4.6 breaking Tek-TCP (the one that
>has been under care of Kevin Carosso)?

Someone else reported this to me.  I believe the problem is that the silly
XEDRIVER sense-mode parameter structure has changed again, or some such.
In any case, I started using the CMU version some time ago and haven't tried
my modified Tek one beyond VMS V4.5.  You really ought to just get the
CMU code.

In any case, since I work for a TCP/IP vendor now, I won't be too active in the
Tek or CMU stuff...  I'll continue to answer questions and such when I can,
however.

	/Kevin Carosso               kvc@nrcvax.uucp
	 Network Research Co.        kvc@engvax.scg.hac.com
				     kvc@ymir.bitnet