[comp.os.vms] What is Comp.sources.games?

graham@DRCVAX.ARPA.UUCP (10/30/87)

Bill from tekred.tek.com sent the following in response to a cookie program
request.  I tried to mail him with a question directly, but that host isn't
in my host table...sooooo, I'll put it on the net and hope Bill, or other
nice people will ahswer my questions.

>For this and other game related sources, you can send them to
>comp.sources.games and they will be posted there and automatically
>archived for future enjoyment.  Send your game submissions to:

Bill,

If you have time, please tell me what is comp.sources.games.  It sounds
vaguely like something on Bitnet.  We are an Arpanet site, how can I get
access to this and other .sources postings?  I have seen references to a
comp.sources area/place/posting pile where many VMS programs live.  Is that
accessable to me using FTP?

Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate it.

Dan Graham
GRAHAM@DRCVAX.ARPA

"It's just a clinging vine ma'am, don't you make a recket.  It just wraps
around your ankle, here, take a stick and whack it."           -- Jim Stafford
------

billr@tekred.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) (11/04/87)

In article <8710311647.AA23250@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> <graham@drcvax.arpa> writes:
>If you have time, please tell me what is comp.sources.games.  It sounds
>vaguely like something on Bitnet.  We are an Arpanet site, how can I get
>access to this and other .sources postings?
Dan,
  Comp.sources.games is one of many USENET newsgroups.  As the INFO-VMS
mailing list is gatewayed to the USENET newsgroup "comp.os.vms", so are
some of the USENET newsgroups gatewayed into ARPA (Internet) mail lists.
  The sources newsgroups are moderated, which means they generally have
only sources with no discussion, etc.  Articles posted in the sources
newsgroups are generally archived at several sites, some of which
support ftp access.  To get on the mailing list, contact your local
system admin.  If he can't help you, try contacting Erik Fair
(fair@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU), as I beleive he maintains some of this
gateway stuff (I hope you don't get flooded with mail Erik).
  For a list of games archive sites or to submit games, send mail to
games@tekred.tek.com  (or games%tekred.tek.com@relay.cs.net).

	-Bill Randle
	Moderator, comp.sources.games
	Tektronix, Inc.