[net.news.group] new group suggestion...net.games.infocom

ugsue@sunybcs.UUCP ( Hari-ette Seldon ) (04/17/85)

I think a new group might be a good idea for those of us who
are Infocom adventure fanatics.  I, for one, only read net.games
for the requests/hints on the Infocom games.

Do any of you Zork, Starcross, HHGTTG, Cutthroats, Infidel, Planetfall,
Suspend, Suspect, et. al fans have any opinions???

--
...Sue W.
..{burdvax, rocksvax, bbncca, decvax, dual, rocksanne, watmath}!sunybcs!ugsue

Csnet: ugsue@buffalo	    	             /
Arpa: ugsue.buffalo@csnet-relay	    	   _/_
           	                         ~/\ .\
                               ~\	~/  -__\
       S M I L E!                \_____~/
	                         /\    /\
	                        /  \  /  |
                               /    \'   |
                              /      \  /

jordan@noscvax.UUCP (Martin C. Jordan) (04/18/85)

In article <1514@sunybcs.UUCP> ugsue@sunybcs.UUCP ( Hari-ette Seldon ) writes:
>I think a new group might be a good idea for those of us who
>are Infocom adventure fanatics.  I, for one, only read net.games
>for the requests/hints on the Infocom games.
>
>Do any of you Zork, Starcross, HHGTTG, Cutthroats, Infidel, Planetfall,
>Suspend, Suspect, et. al fans have any opinions???
>

>Csnet: ugsue@buffalo	    	             /
>Arpa: ugsue.buffalo@csnet-relay	    	   _/_

I vote yes for such a worthy newsgroup! Its about time that such
"Adventure" gamespeople had a forum of their own. I propose a
net.games.adventure be created, in honor of that game on which
nearly 100% of us cut our teeth.

                                        Magically yours,

                                                Martin Jordan

P.S. How do you get the portrait out of the Bank in ZORK II? I know
     it has to be the last treasure the Demon wants. Also, are the
     rose or books of any use, or are they garnishment for a superb
     adventure?

dac1@ukc.UUCP (D.Caldwell) (04/26/85)

I agree that a new group - net.games.infocom - would be a good
idea. There is a lot in net.games about Infocom games and as I
don't play these games, these articles are of no interest to me.

- David Caldwell.  ( Unikent )

"Following the crowd can lead nowhere."