[comp.os.vms] timezones

GG.UUU@ISUMVS.BITNET ("John Hascall") (11/16/87)

> From:         Rahul Dhesi <IUVAX!BSU-CS!DHESI@RUTGERS.EDU>
> Subject:      Re:  Times and Time Zones
>
> Daylight savings is stupid.  For that matter, four timezones in
> continental USA are stupid too.  They should have only two:  one for
> the eastern half, and one for the western half, differing by two
> hours.
> --
> Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi

Although, I'm sure this is not the right forum for this....

Daylight savings is not stupid (in fact I wish it was used all year round,
sunset at 4:30pm in the winter is absurd).  Even more ludicrous is the idea
of only 2 timezones, think of the difference in sunrise and sunset times
in such a large timezone!  What is stupid is where the lines for the timezones
were drawn.  They should be located either:

  1) on the lines of longitude
  2) on STATE boundaries

Enough space wasted in this forum on this topic!!!