[comp.os.vms] Falco 5220e super-duper terminals : experience/comments?

MACALLSTR@vax1.physics.oxford.ac.UK (12/01/87)

We've recently been looking at FALCO terminals, in particular the
 FALCO 5220e terminal, which for an unbelievably low price gives you:-

 VT220
 Tektronix 4014 graphics
 up to six windows
 ( up to three RS232 ports, which we don't need as we have Ethernet terminal
    servers , but others may use them )
 plus ( in terminal firmware )
 a -pop up- calculator
 and
 a -pop up- calendar

If anybody has direct experience of these terminals I'd very much be interssted
 in any comments ( positive/negative/informational ) which might help us in
 making our decision on whether to purchase.

Thanks in advance,
 John

sdejarne@polyslo.UUCP (Steve DeJarnett) (12/02/87)

In article <8712010356.AA08310@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MACALLSTR@vax1.physics.oxford.ac.UK writes:
>We've recently been looking at FALCO terminals, in particular the
> FALCO 5220e terminal, which for an unbelievably low price gives you:-

 [ Much stuff about what it has deleted]

>Thanks in advance,
> John

	We got some at the company I worked for over the summer just before I
left.  As I recall, the people who got them on their desks thought they were
great (once they figured out how to use them).  You can (as I recall) have
multiple sessions going to multiple hosts simultaneously (in different windows
whose size you can define).  They also had different font size so that you
could have a window that took up 1/4 of the screen and still get 80 characters
in it (I think).  I only used one once, but its VT-220 emulation seemed pretty
good to me.

| Steve DeJarnett		|    ...!ihnp4!csun!polyslo!sdejarne	      |
| Computer Systems Lab		|    ...!{csustan,csun,sdsu}!polyslo!sdejarne |
| Cal Poly State Univ		|    ...!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!sdejarne	      |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407	|    					      |
#include <std_disclaimer.h>