[comp.os.vms] DRV11-J in a VAXStation II

kjelle@IFI.UIO.NO (Kjell E. Nordli) (12/10/87)

Hi,

This autumn I have seen some questions about the DRV11-J on
uVAXII under VMS.  My question is somewhat different:

We are about to install the DRV11-J parallel line interface
in a VAXStation II running Ultrix V2.0-1.
Has anybody out there written a device driver for this card?
If so, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Kjell E. Nordli
Dept. of Informatics
University of Oslo
Norway

e-mail:	kjelle@ifi.uio.no

    or:	kjelle@oslo-vax.arpa (This is the old address - some installations
    			      do not recognize the new one yet.)

landau@acf8.UUCP (pierre landau) (12/11/87)

Well, I don't have a driver for it under VMS, but I have plenty of
experience with the horrible beast.  The major problem with it is that
its output lines burn out very easily (perhaps too sensitive to
static).  Also, forget about using the programmed interrupts; they
rarely work.
landau@csd27.nyu.edu (Pierre Landau, Brain Research, NYU Med Ctr)Relay-Version: version nyu B notes v1.5 12/10/84; site acf8.NYU.EDU
From: Anonymous@acf8.UUCP (Anonymous Author)
Date: 10-Dec-87 14:49 EST
Subject: silly riddle
Newsgroups: rec.humor

Olivier, the French import at our lab gets credit for this childish (ie good)
little haha.
Q: Why don't (ethnic group)s use this finger?   (Hold up your pinky finger)

A: Because it's my finger!
HAHAHAHAH