[comp.os.vms] Data Overrun

afr@erialfa.UUCP (Anders Fredrikson ZX/DRG) (12/02/87)

Why do i always get "DATA OVERRUN" after invoking
a "SET HOST/DTE TXC2:" command? It seems to work
when i use "KERMIT CONNECT TXC2:"!?!?!?

Can anyone give me some hints?

/MAS:

payne@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Doug Payne) (12/15/87)

In article <170@erialfa.UUCP> afr@erialfa.UUCP (Anders Fredrikson ZX/DRG) writes:
>Why do i always get "DATA OVERRUN" after invoking
>a "SET HOST/DTE TXC2:" command? It seems to work
>when i use "KERMIT CONNECT TXC2:"!?!?!?
>
>Can anyone give me some hints?
>
>/MAS:

I've found that using the alternate type ahead feature helps in such
cases.  I don't have access to the necessary manuals right now, but I
think the procedure is as follows:

$ SET TERMINAL TXC2: /ALTYPAHD

You can also adjust the terminal type ahead buffer sizes via SYSGEN.
I think the parameter names are TTY_TYPAHDSZ and TTY_ALTYPAHD.  As I
recollect, the settings I used were something like 256 and 2000
respectively.  A check in the SYSGEN manual will give the correct names
if these are wrong.

Doug

dave@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu (Dave Hamara) (12/17/87)

In article <170@erialfa.UUCP> afr@erialfa.UUCP (Anders Fredrikson ZX/DRG) writes:
>Why do i always get "DATA OVERRUN" after invoking
>a "SET HOST/DTE TXC2:" command? It seems to work
>when i use "KERMIT CONNECT TXC2:"!?!?!?
>
>Can anyone give me some hints?
>
>/MAS:

I solved this problem with
$ SET TERM/PERM/TTSYNC/HOSTSYNC/TYPE_AHEAD/ALTYPEAHD TXC2:
and increased the size of the alternate type-ahead buffer to 2K bytes.
This works OK up to 9600 baud, can't test at 19200 because (well, never mind).
ANyway, hope this helps.

|         Crazy Dave (I wonder where this wire goes?) Hamara          |
                                         | Bitnet: HAMARA@ARIZRVAX    |