[comp.os.vms] uFich part number wanted.

YEHAVI@HUJIVMS.BITNET (Yehavi Bourvine +972-2-584279) (12/22/87)

   I want to order the uFich from Digital. However, the local sale's people
don't know what I am talking about. Does anyone know the oder number of this
package?
                                        Thanks in advance, __Yehavi:

gil@icus.UUCP (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) (12/27/87)

In article <8712231957.AA19973@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> YEHAVI@HUJIVMS.BITNET (Yehavi Bourvine +972-2-584279) writes:

>   I want to order the uFich from Digital. However, the local sale's people
>don't know what I am talking about. Does anyone know the oder number of this
>package?
>                                        Thanks in advance, __Yehavi:

I don't know what the order number of the fiche is, but I do know that it was
part of the VMS distribution up until 4.6.  After 4.6, I am not sure if it
is available at all, or under separate (expensive) license.

If you are an individual trying to get a copy of the fiche, you are likely
out of luck as I am almost positive that if you can get it at all, it would
be extremely expensive.

Gil Kloepfer, Jr.   Senior Programmer                  ...!icus!gil
Bowne Management Systems, Inc.
Mineola, NY                                         (add your favorite path)

LEICHTER@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU ("Jerry Leichter ", LEICHTER-JERRY@CS.YALE.EDU) (12/28/87)

	I don't know what the order number of the fiche is, but I do know that
	it was part of the VMS distribution up until 4.6.  After 4.6, I am not
	sure if it is available at all, or under separate (expensive) license.

	If you are an individual trying to get a copy of the fiche, you are
	likely out of luck as I am almost positive that if you can get it at
	all, it would be extremely expensive.

I once looked the number up - it's a short one, Q?001-?? - but I'm afraid I no
longer remember what it was, but your local DEC office should be able to get
it for you.  Don't be scared off on the price!  It's not "extremely expensive"
(unless you are paying out of your own pocket, I guess) - something like $200.
(Now, the source KIT, THAT'S expensive - $30,000 or thereabouts.)

							-- Jerry