[comp.os.vms] changing LOGIN/INTER=0 message

GG.UUU@ISUMVS.BITNET ("John Hascall") (01/04/88)

Robert F. Curley        Curley@Wharton.UPENN.edu writes:

>     Is there a way to alter the message that my users receive when I
> SET LOGIN/INTERACTIVE=0 ?
>
>     It is easy to understand the necessity of going through the
> login process - but the "please try later" is hard to take.  I would
> like to be more informative.

Well, you could always patch SYS$SYSTEM:LOGINOUT.EXE....

The message is a counted string with the count byte at location 0C7AF,
and the string from 0C7B0 to 0C7DF.  (Note that your message cannot
be any longer the the original - which is 02F bytes [47 in decimal]).

Also note that the above was taken from Version 4.5 (if you are running
a different version - they may have changed, but you should be able
to find them with DUMP and PATCH).

John Hascall
Iowa State University Computation Center
GGUUU@ISUMVS.BITNET