[comp.os.vms] VMS menu software

finch@OVRO.Caltech.EDU (Ray Finch) (01/20/88)

I am looking for a menu type 'front end' for programs.  Preferably
this code should use SMG in Fortran or C. (Some of my VAX (ab)users
have had their minds MacIntoshed.)  Ultimately this front end
should display a menu and allow the user to choose an option
using the arrow keys.  Any help will be appreciated.

              Ray Finch
              FINCH@OVRO.CALTECH.EDU
              Arpanet: Finch%OVRO.Caltech.Edu@Deimos.Caltech.edu

              Owens Valley Radio Observatory
              P.O. Box 968
              Big Pine, CA  93513
              (619)938-2481

kuo@skatter.UUCP (Dr. Peter Kuo) (01/29/88)

In article <880119174943.009@OVRO.Caltech.Edu>, finch@OVRO.Caltech.EDU (Ray Finch) writes:

> I am looking for a menu type 'front end' for programs.  Preferably
> this code should use SMG in Fortran or C. (Some of my VAX (ab)users
> have had their minds MacIntoshed.)  Ultimately this front end
> should display a menu and allow the user to choose an option
> using the arrow keys.  Any help will be appreciated.

You may consider FMS-11 (Forms Management System?). I think that't what it
is called. I have seen a version running on a PDP-11/23 under RSTS (and
callable from BASIC-11!).

Peter/
Peter Kuo                   | Bitnet (VMS)  : KUO@SASK
Accelerator Laboratory      |
(a.k.a. The Beam Warehouse) | uucp   (Unix) : !alberta\
Univ. of Saskatchewan       |                 !ihnp4  -- !sask!skatter!kuo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan     |                 !utcsri /
CANADA  S7N 0W0             |
(Earth)                     | Ma Bell       : (306) 966-8528

Disclaimer: I don't know what I am saying, I'm only a physicist.
            Don't quote me on anything! I speak only for myself.

Opus: "Why, fer cryin' out loud..research physicists need Porsches, TOO!!"

						 -- Bloom County