[comp.os.vms] full screen edit

j_smartt@mail.uwa.oz (01/19/88)

Hi,
	does anybody know what causes the EDT editor to go into full screen
mode (without typing "c") - is there any flag/switch/etc that you can set
to bypass the requirement to type "c"?

Jeff

kuo@skatter.UUCP (Dr. Peter Kuo) (02/02/88)

In article <47@mail.uwa.oz>, j_smartt@mail.uwa.oz writes:

> Hi,
> 	does anybody know what causes the EDT editor to go into full screen
> mode (without typing "c") - is there any flag/switch/etc that you can set
> to bypass the requirement to type "c"?
>
> Jeff

Ever came across a reference to EDTINI.EDT and EDIT/command=xxx.yyy in your
EDT manual? When EDT starts up, it reads from this file any definitions you
have for keys etc, and you can include a SET MODE SCREEN to make EDT "jump"
into the full screen mode. I think it will also look for a logical symbol,
but its been a while since I really use a VMS system (got stuck mostly on
an Ultrix system these days (8-(  ).

Peter/
Peter Kuo                   | Bitnet (VMS)  : KUO@SASK
Accelerator Laboratory      |
(a.k.a. The Beam Warehouse) | uucp   (Unix) : !alberta\
Univ. of Saskatchewan       |                 !ihnp4  -- !sask!skatter!kuo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan     |                 !utcsri /
CANADA  S7N 0W0             |
(Earth)                     | Ma Bell       : (306) 966-8528

Disclaimer: I don't know what I am saying, I'm only a physicist.
            Don't quote me on anything! I speak only for myself.

Opus: "Why, fer cryin' out loud..research physicists need Porsches, TOO!!"

						 -- Bloom County

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP (Sir Xetwnk) (02/07/88)

In article <353@skatter.UUCP>, kuo@skatter.UUCP (Dr. Peter Kuo) writes:
> In article <47@mail.uwa.oz>, j_smartt@mail.uwa.oz writes:
> > 	does anybody know what causes the EDT editor to go into full screen
> > mode (without typing "c") - is there any flag/switch/etc that you can set
> > to bypass the requirement to type "c"?
> >

> Ever came across a reference to EDTINI.EDT and EDIT/command=xxx.yyy in your
> EDT manual? When EDT starts up, it reads from this file any definitions you
> have for keys etc, and you can include a SET MODE SCREEN to make EDT "jump"
> into the full screen mode. I think it will also look for a logical symbol,

Whoops, I think you've been working with DEBUG too much!  "SET MODE SCREEN"
is the DEBUG go-to-screen-mode command.

In EDT, the command is "CHANGE", usually abbreviated to "C".  The mode you
wind up in is determined by combination of your terminal and keypad-mode
settings.

Chris