[comp.os.vms] What the...?

LEWIS@GRIN1.BITNET ("Pat ", Lewis,Pat J) (02/16/88)

I just received this message along with nine other similar ones from
INFO-VAX, although I never sent any such commands via mail to
LISTSERV@VTVM1.BITNET:

>Date: Sunday, February 14 at 9:13 am est
>Sender: INFO-VAX Discussion <INFO-VAX@UBVM.BITNET>
>From: 1.5m Revised List Processor <LISTSERV@VTVM1.BITNET>
>Subj: Output of your job "INFO-VAX"
>To:   'Pat Lewis' (Lewis,Pat J)
>
>> A test-message once in a while doesnt bother me, at least it shows
>Unknown command -- "A". Try HELP.
>You had ten tries. From now on your requests will be ignored without any
>reply. You can restore your access  to LISTSERV by having another person
>issue the following command: TELL LISTSERV at VTVM1 SERVE INFO-VAX@VTVM2
>
>All subsequent commands have been flushed.

I am sick of having 100+ garbage mail messages from INFO-VAX every time I
log on.  I have sent messages about the many other similar problems
INFO-VAX receivers at this site have had but have heard no reply from
anyone about them.  Therefore I am sending this to the BITNET site rather
than the arpanet distribution site with the hopes that someone will read it
and do something about the problem.  Has anyone else been receiving the
unbeleivable number of garbage messages from INFO-VAX that we have at
GRIN1.BITNET?  I suppose someone should know about it, but I don't really
care what happens since I've unsubscribed as of today - I've had it with
the INFO-VAX list (it should have been a digest anyhow).  Too bad, since
there is great possibility for information exchange here.