[comp.os.vms] Sunrise/Sunset program wanted

graham@DRCVAX.ARPA (02/09/88)

Top o' the morning, (or whatever time of day it is)

I am in need of a program, or algorithm for computing times of sumrise and
sumset given a particular latitude, longitude and date.

I can write the program given the algorithm, but currently, I don't have
either.  Can somebody send me either of these if they have it.  Program
language is irrelevant, I'll convert it to what I need.

Thanks very much,

Dan Graham
graham@drcvax.arpa
------

GEORGE@LAUVAX01.BITNET (02/17/88)

> From:         graham@drcvax.arpa
>I am in need of a program, or algorithm for computing times of sumrise and
>sumset given a particular latitude, longitude and date.

>I can write the program given the algorithm, but currently, I don't have
>either.  Can somebody send me either of these if they have it.  Program
>language is irrelevant, I'll convert it to what I need.

If your local library has back issues of Byte magazine then the July '81 issue
has a program that will do exactly what you want plus give you the amount of
solar radiation that you will receive during the course of the day!  The
program was written in something called CBASIC which is pretty readable.

>Thanks very much,

No problem.

George Nassas
George@LAUVAX01.BITNET

  "The bonds of matrimony are so heavy it takes two to carry them,
   Sometimes three."