From: cph@KLEPH.AI.MIT.EDU (Chris Hanson)
Subject: Release 6.1

CScheme release 6.1 is now available, incorporating several changes
from the previous release (5.3):

    * VMS pathname parsing and installation greatly improved.  The
    previous release did not correctly install according to the
    instructions.  This has been fixed.  Also, it is possible to
    install directly using the DECUS `tar' program; a file is included
    (at the top level of the "dist.tar" file) which will create the
    appropriate subdirectories.

    * A `define-structure' macro, very similar to the Common Lisp
    `defstruct' macro, has been implemented.  See the file
    "runtime/defstr.scm" for a description of the differences between
    the two.

    * A number of minor bugs have been fixed.

How C Scheme may be obtained:

* Internet FTP:

    Telnet to "prep.ai.mit.edu" as user "scheme", password "scheme".
    Use the `ftp' program to obtain either the file "dist.tar" or
    "dist.tar.Z" (a compressed version).  The directory "dist.split"
    contains the file "dist.tar.Z" split up into 250 kbyte pieces.

* Magtape:

    The cost of a distribution tape is $200 to cover our copying and
    administrative expenses.

    Send a check for $200 payable to MIT to:

	Scheme Distribution
	MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
	545 Technology Square
	Cambridge, Ma. 02139

    Please specify the type of type:

	* Unix tar format, 9-track magtape, 1600 bpi
	* VMS backup format, 9-track magtape, 1600 bpi
	* Unix tar format, HP-UX cartridge tape

-------

OP.DAVIS@SCIENCE.UTAH.EDU (Jim Davis) (02/22/88)

I ftp'd Scheme as described below, and got it running without much
trouble on our 8600, VMS 4.4.  You only need to save a few of the (many)
files created during installation; our executable version takes up 4534
disk blocks.

I believe this is the latest distribution message from MIT:

-------

date: Thu, 12 Nov 87 04:10:39 est