[comp.os.vms] Moving data from PDP to VAX - how we did it.

AGNEW@VCUVAX.BITNET (Brainwave Surfer) (03/12/88)

Distribution-File:
        "info-vax@kl.sri.com"

 And Michael Duebner <ddsw1!mcs1!michael@gargoyle.uchicago.edu>
>  also had much the same problem, plus a file that will not stay indexed
> after transferral via KERMIT.

  We in Neurosurgery at MCV have for years used POLY-XFR from Polygon
Associates to move tons of data from a PDP-11/23 to several VAXEN.  These
files were direct access squential, and we never had problems except with
very small binary files..

  I suggest Michael Duebner can use the CONVERT utility on the VAX to
convert his files after he transfers them via KERMIT.  KERMIT is also in
use at our site with no problems at all.

  /Jim Agnew, Programmer/Analyst    | DISCLAIMER:                            \
 / Medical College of Virginia      |    If anyone is caught using either my  |
/  Virginia Commonwealth University | hints, info, or code, I will disavow    |
|  Division of Neurosurgery         | any knowledge of their activities!      |
|  Box 508, MCV Station             |    I think this info is correct, but if |
|  Richmond, Va  23298-0508         | it is not:                              |
|  BITNET:       AGNEW@VCUVAX       |    "This tape will self-destruct in     |
|  Ma Bell Net:  +1 804/786-8601    | five seconds.  Good luck, Jim."         |
|    Space for cute saying here but I haven't been able to think of one...    |