[comp.os.vms] EXCHANGE for MSDOS

art@ccelsn (Art McClinton (703)883-6356) (03/11/88)

> Does anyone know of a utility, similar to VMS EXCHANGE, that will allow
> one to read and write MSDOS files on an RX33 or RX50 floppy drive under
> (Micro)VMS?

A program called VMSFLX has appeared on several of the Rainbow Fido nodes.
I also was on the DEC-Market machine before it was taken down last year.
This program provided a VAX with an RX-50 drive, the capability to read and
write MS-DOS disks.  Among the various drestrictions was:
1) Only single sided quad density disks
2) Subdirectories were not supported
3) disk had to be formated on a rainbow
I got a copy of the program but have since lost it.
I do not remember if it was written in pascal or fortran.  But do remember that
the sources were available.  Recently someone said that it might be available on
SIMTEL20.
s*
*---Art
*
*Arthur T. McClinton Jr.     ARPA: art@mitre.arpa
*Mitre Corporation           Phone: 703-883-6356
*7525 Colshire Drive         Internal Mitre: ART@MWVMS or M10319@MWVM
*McLean, Va. 22102-3481      DCS: MCCLINTON
*
* I apologize for the presently non-replyable return addresses.  Hope to
* fix that soon.

I7100501@DBSTU1.BITNET (Eckart Meyer) (03/12/88)

 Arthur Belanger 785-4566 <BELANGE@YALEMED> writes:
> Does anyone know of a utility, similar to VMS EXCHANGE, that will allow
> one to read and write MSDOS files on an RX33 or RX50 floppy drive under
> (Micro)VMS?

What I'm just working on is not quite what you look for, but may do the task of
transfering files between MS-DOS and the DEC world. Our program is running on
the MS-DOS PC and handles a RX50 floppy with the RT-11 file structure. The RX50
format itself is done by a MS-DOS driver. On a VAX, EXCHANGE can read/write the
RT-11 floppy. (RT-11 was chosen since the file structure was easy to
implement).

Eckart Meyer                                     Address:   Schleinitzstr. 23
Inst. f. Nachrichtentechnik                                 3300 Braunschweig
Technical University of Braunschweig                             West Germany
                                                 Phone:      +49 531 391 2454
BITNET:   I7100501@DBSTU1
Internet: I7100501%DBSTU1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU