[comp.os.vms] BACUP

fsimmons@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Frank Simmons) (03/09/88)

 Is it possible with the BACKUP command and its qualifiers to obtain a
 listing of ALL save sets on a volume? Heretofore I have been re-issuing
 the $ BACKUP/LIST MUA0: command for every save set.

 Frank Simmons

ntitley@btnix.UUCP (Nigel Titley) (03/16/88)

From article <262@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU>, by fsimmons@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Frank Simmons):

>  Is it possible with the BACKUP command and its qualifiers to obtain a
>  listing of ALL save sets on a volume? Heretofore I have been re-issuing
>  the $ BACKUP/LIST MUA0: command for every save set.

I believe that

	$ BACKUP/LIST MUA0:*.*

will work quite happily, at VMS4.6 anyway.

Nigel Titley

kex@trlsasy.trl.oz (B W KeX) (03/25/88)

In article <705@btnix.UUCP>, ntitley@btnix.UUCP (Nigel Titley) writes:
> From article <262@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU>, by fsimmons@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Frank Simmons):
> >
> >  Is it possible with the BACKUP command and its qualifiers to obtain a
> >  listing of ALL save sets on a volume? Heretofore I have been re-issuing
> >  the $ BACKUP/LIST MUA0: command for every save set.
Another way to list all BACKUP savesets on a tape is to mount the tape
as labeled the then issue the directory command.

eg  $mount/over=id mua0:
    $dir mua0:

This gives a listing of all files (savesets) on the tape.

B W KeX - Have TeX Will KeX