[comp.os.vms] Cluster Names

whitfill@hc.DSPO.GOV (Jim Whitfill) (04/02/88)

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms,info.ar-vax
Subject: Cluster Names
Expires:
Keywords:Cluster,VMS

I would like to know if anyone has found a way to determine the names
of all the nodes in a cluster. The only thing I have come across is that
there is a get$syi that will return a true or false given a cluster node
name to indicate if the node is available to the cluster. This means you
need to know the names ahead of time. I think one could crunch through
some array in the lock manager and pick out unique name, but I don't want
to do it this way.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

                   =======================================
                               Jim A. Whitfill
                    Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
                            Group MEE-10, MS J580
                             Los Alamos, NM 87545
                                (505) 667-9282

                 (ARPAnet ==> whitfill%meediv.xnet@lanl.gov)
                   =======================================

srwhmdr@windy.dsir.govt.nz (04/05/88)

In article <14217@hc.DSPO.GOV>, whitfill@hc.DSPO.GOV (Jim Whitfill) writes:

> I would like to know if anyone has found a way to determine the names
> of all the nodes in a cluster.

> The only thing I have come across is that
> there is a get$syi that will return a true or false given a cluster node
> name to indicate if the node is available to the cluster.

As you suggest, F$GETSYI only returns true or false for a GIVEN node and
cannot return wildcard info.

However, the system service SYS$GETSYI can return wildcard information so this
is how you should do it. You could write a program to store a list of cluster
nodes into a logical or a DCL symbol say.

Malcolm Robbins, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Zealand

Domain: SRWHMDR@WNV.DSIR.GOVT.NZ