[comp.os.vms] Needs DECNET for I_370

efbatey%tervax.DECnet@NSWSES.ARPA ("TERVAX::EFBATEY") (04/14/88)

                           REPOST OF TCP-IP QUERIE
# Date: 12 Apr 88 11:22 EDT
# From: Bill Barns  <WWB.MDC@OFFICE-1.ARPA>
# Subject: Vendor of DECnet-on-IBM package?
# To: info-vax@kl.sri.com

I seem to recollect an old posting to the effect that someone is marketing a
package which permits an IBM 370-architecture machine to be a DECnet node.
Some folks here are now interested in exploring this.  If anybody out there
recognizes what I'm talking about, I'd greatly appreciate any or all of the
following info: vendor name/address/phone, what specific functionality does it
support, ballpark price, customer opinions, and any "catches" one might
encounter with it.

Thanks,
Bill Barns / McDonnell Douglas / Internet: WWB.MDC@OFFICE-1.ARPA

    | Everett F. Batey II         }       {UUCP:  sun!tsunami!nswed5!efb |
    |   After HOSTS.TXT.726       }       {       efbatey@NSWSES.ARPA    |
    | Port Hueneme,CA  93043-5007 }       {DDD:   805/982-5881/983-1220  |
------