[comp.os.vms] Installation requires shutdown

"Tony_Tran.SCB1Versatec"@XEROX.COM (04/15/88)

You wrote:
>script required a SHUTDOWN, but would not reboot the system
>automatically, I therefore had to break up the Backup saveset, modify
>the KITINSTAL.COM file, and reassemble it for VMSINSTAL.  The bottom
>line here is that VMSINSTAL should prompt for at least two parameters:
>time before shutdown and automatic reboot.
Ittai:
You don't have to modify the file kitintal.com in the saveset in order to
prevent a system shutdown. During the installation, just wait until the
installation procedure announces that it will be shutting down the system,
then hit the <Control C> to abort the installation.  Then you can proceed
to shutdown or reboot  the VAX at a later time.
Tony Tran
.