[comp.os.vms] Need references on UUCP

kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) (04/15/88)

In article <89@musky2.MUSKINGUM.EDU> terrell@musky2.UUCP (Roger Terrell) writes:
>When we first joined Usenet (with musky2), we asked about the availability
>of UUCP/Usenet for VAX/VMS *without* eunice, DEC-shell or similar UNIX
>look-alikes.  The responses we got indicated that no such creature exists.
>
>Is that true?

Well, as far as I know, one does not exist right now.  However, several
folks are working on GNUUUCP, which *will* offer mail (including ports
of smail and pathalias) *and* news (including rn, I think) on raw VMS.
Last I heard, they were aiming for beta test in late February or March;
I'm on the test list but haven't heard anything in a while, so I guess
there've been a few gremlins.

Anyway, I'm *not* working on it in any way, so please don't send me
mail asking for more details.  I'll pester the authors to post something
or do it myself if they don't have time.

Stay tuned to this channel.

--
Karl Swartz		|UUCP	decvax!formtek!ditka!kls
1-412/937-4930 office	|	{pitt,psuvax1}!idis!formtek!ditka!kls
			|BIX	kswartz
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."  (Twain)