[comp.os.vms] eunice uucp

clawin@rubmez.UUCP (Detlef Clawin ) (04/25/88)

Is there anybody out there, who runs a uucp connection from a eunice-vax-host
to a unix (sys5 ) host over a serial link ?
We experienced lots of problems with lost data packets .....

What's wrong ?

In article <118@rubmez.UUCP>, clawin@rubmez.UUCP (Detlef Clawin ) writes:
> Is there anybody out there, who runs a uucp connection from a eunice-vax-host
> to a unix (sys5 ) host over a serial link ?
> We experienced lots of problems with lost data packets .....
>
> What's wrong ?

What kind of VMS VAX?  What version of Eunice?  What kind of SysV machine,
running what version of SysV?

We have had a 3B2/400 (1-MIP AT&T machine) running SVR2 talk 19200 baud with
a VAX 11/780 under Eunice 4.1 without any excessive "lost data packets."
In fact it's the 3B2 that throttled down first, not the VAX.  Presuming its
the Eunice end that's losing data, check the SET TERMINAL settings on the
port.  It should include /PASSALL and /EIGHTBIT.
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  Path: ihnp4,<most AT&T machines>!ttrdc!levy
|--------Skokie, Illinois--------|  sweeping on to the grand fallacy.