[comp.os.vms] VAX Discussion at CSNEWS@MAINE

RALPH@UHHEPG.BITNET (04/26/88)

Date: 25-APR-1988 18:14:27.09
From: Ralph Becker-Szendy RALPH AT UHHEPG
To:   0::"info-vax@kl.sri.com",RALPH
Subj: Re: VAX Discussion at CSNEWS@MAINE
Gene Merritt <F1.GDM@ISUMVS> wrote
> Does anyone here also subscribe to the Vax Discussion at CSNEWS @
> MAINE?

What is this about ? Am I missing something fun and exiting here ? Could
Gene (whom I can't reach directly) please elaborate ???

By the way ... out here in BITNET-land INFO-VAX has been NEARLY DEAD for
the last two weeks or so, down to about three messages a day. As much as
I like not having to wade through the amount of traffic, a lot of
HELPFUL INFORMATION is missing.

By the way, INFO-VAX should be digestified !

Ralph Becker-Szendy                                     RALPH@UHHEPG.BITNET
University of Hawaii / High Energy Physics Group              (808)948-7391
Watanabe Hall #203, 2505 Correa Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
"Hawaii - it's not just for tourists. People actually live and work there."

kenw%noah.arc.CDN@ean.ubc.ca (Ken Wallewein) (05/02/88)

>By the way ... out here in BITNET-land INFO-VAX has been NEARLY DEAD for
>the last two weeks or so, down to about three messages a day. As much as
>I like not having to wade through the amount of traffic, a lot of
>HELPFUL INFORMATION is missing.

  Here in CDNnet land, too. What gives? And I notice USEnet looks awfully
quiet, too. I can't believe things are really this slow. There should be
discussion of VMS V5.0 or DLM or the 6200s or something...

>By the way, INFO-VAX should be digestified !

 *GROAN* Not again!! Hey, look, Ralphie, maybe you're running a mailer that
can undigetify; I'm not. If you can find somebody who wants to make digests,
and you can get a separate news group set up - under another name - for those
digests, fine. But don't force it on me. And from the last go-round, that
applies to an awful lot of us. OK?

/kenw