[comp.os.vms] VMS 4.6 SYSUAF.DAT- Feature or Bug ?

"Tony_Tran.SCB1Versatec"@Xerox.COM (05/10/88)

Hello all
I just recently upgraded our VAX785 to VMS 4.6 and noticed that while
running AUTHORIZE utility to grant/identifier to SYSTEM, I can't seem
to list the identifier granted for SYSTEM account. I have no problem
listing identifier(s) on other non-SYSTEM accounts. I recalled being able
to list successfully all identifiers granted to SYSTEM back on VMS 4.5.
The exact keystroke  sequence is as follows:
$ MC AUTHORIZE
authorize>grant/id  multi_login_ok   SYSTEM
authorize>show system
authorize>show/rights  SYSTEM
authorize>exit
$
Note that when I did "show/right  system", it did show the identifier
multi_login_ok.

What 's  worse is that one of our utility programs which called system
service SYS$FIND_HELD returned  an error code (SS$_NOSUCHID)
when it looked for multi_login_ok identifier.

Could some VMS experts tell me if  I did  anything wrong?
Was it a VMS 4.6 feature or just a bug ? :-) .

Thanks.

PS. Could somebody running VMS 4.7 check to see if this problem
can be duplicated.? I did look at VMS 4.7 Release notes and nothing
was mentioned about this problem.

Tony Tran
Versatec, Inc.
uucp: {uunet,pyramid,ubvax!vsi1}!versatc!tran
Voice: (408) 982-4317

"Tony_Tran.SCB1Versatec"@Xerox.COM (05/11/88)

In my posted article of 9-May-88 I wrote:
>$ MC AUTHORIZE
>authorize>grant/id  multi_login_ok   SYSTEM
>authorize>show system
>authorize>show/rights  SYSTEM
>authorize>exit
$
--------
Please correct  all "authorize>" to be "UAF>"
Sorry for the mistake.
Tony Tran
Versatec, Inc.