[comp.os.vms] SPAWN to subprocesses

ezab066@CHPC.BRC.UTEXAS.EDU ("Albert Wu ", CEM-UT) (05/12/88)

> From: <LIVINGSTONE%ELMO.DecNet@bert.chem.wisc.edu>
> I am using the TPU editor on a microVax II running VMS 4.5.
> Supposedly, one is able to spawn to another process using the
> "SPAWN" command.
> However, when I do this I receive a "subprocess could not be created"
> msg.  I've tried setting the subprocess quota up from 2 to 4, but that
> did not work.  Any ideas?

You probably need to change bytlm from 4094 to a larger number in the
SYSUAF file.  Try 20480.

  Albert Wu
  [U. S. Mail] Center for Electomechanics
               University of Texas, Austin, Texas, U. S. A. 78758.
  [Home Phone] 512-339-8108    [Office Phone] 512-471-4496 ext. 210
  [Computer Networks]
               Internet: EZAB066@CHPC.BRC.UTEXAS.EDU
                BITNET:  EZAB066@UTCHPC.BITNET
------