[comp.os.vms] PC/PS2/VMS connections

ewilts%Ins.MRC.AdhocNet.CA@UNCAEDU.BITNET (05/25/88)

We are looking for a product that will allow us to tie our existing PC's, AT's
and PS/2s into our VAX.  Our VAX currently has an Intergraph Ethernet
Communications Processor running XNS and we do NOT have DECnet.  However,
we would like the following features:
        VT200 emulation
        file transfer
        remote file access
        remote printer access
Does anybody have any experience with products other than DEC's?  DEC tells
us to wait a while for ethernet support for PS/2s, but some of the files we
are transferring will be large and I would like the speed if I can get it.
The remote file access will primarily be Mass-11 and MicroStation usage.
        Any and all help greatly appreciated.
                .../Ed

We also have an existing token ring network that it would nice to get files
to/from if possible (bonus extra, not mandatory).  Novell's NetWare/VMS is
still a few months away...

ewilts%Ins.MRC.AdhocNet.CA%UNCAEDU.BITNET%CORNELLC.CCS.CORNELL.EDU%KL.SRI.COM%lbl%sfsu1.hepnet@LBL.GOV (05/28/88)