[comp.os.vms] Where can I get X Windows for VMS?

celozzi@tron.UUCP (Dominic J Celozzi) (05/25/88)

Hello,
  I'm trying to locate a copy of X windows for the VMS Operating System.  I
  understand one exists, but am not sure where I can find it.  Anyone who
  can provide an e-mail address or telephone number would be appreciated.

  If you have a copy, please include which machine the code is intended for.
  Please respond via e-mail.

thanks,
--
Dominic J Celozzi			UUCP: ...!uunet!umbc3!tron!celozzi
Westinghouse Electronic Systems Group

SHAVA@ISIS.MIT.EDU (05/27/88)

From:	ISIS::SHAVA        27-MAY-1988 10:23
To:	IN%"umbc3!tron!celozzi@umd5.umd.edu",SHAVA
Subj:	RE: Where can I get X Windows for VMS?

  >  Hello,
  >    I'm trying to locate a copy of X windows for the VMS Operating System.  I
  >    understand one exists, but am not sure where I can find it.  Anyone who
  >    can provide an e-mail address or telephone number would be appreciated.
  >
  >    If you have a copy, please include which machine the code is intended for.
  >    Please respond via e-mail.

DEC released the developer's version (pre-release) of DECWindows, an X11
implementation for VMS, in March.  Contact your sales rep, she/he should be
able to track this down.  The first general release, last I heard, will be
available in late summer, although this news is stale, and I expected the date
to slide.

						Shava Nerad
						Coordinator
						MIT VAX Resource Center